Tuesday, May 18

 

More Status Updates from Yours Truly


Apologies for the long blogging silence. In the hopes of distracting you, dear reader, from your disappointment, some slice-of-life humor from the singular world of Planet Matthew:

April 27: Lecturer: "If you really want to start an argument, ask someone their opinion about anything involving the liturgy." Everyone turns around and looks at me.

April 24: I am probably the only person who impulse-buys small statues of the Virgin Mary. Except probably at least 50% of the people I know on Facebook...

[And naturally, most of them replied with photos of their own. I love my friends]

April 21: I wonder what would happen if you put Charles Fort and G.K. Chesterton in a room together? It'd be entertaining to watch, if probably loud, argumentative and kind of weird.

April 20: Eusebius's Ecclesiastical History would make a great disaster movie; it's a bit like watching Nero stomp through a badly-made model of Tokyo while a soap opera plays in the background. The amazing thing is, it's all true.

[Okay, mostly true.]

April 14 Strategic North American Lego Supply would make a good name for a band.

[I'm omitting the update involving using incidents in 30 Rock as proof the subdiaconate ought not to have been abolished that generated a lengthy discussion among my friends and I as to whether John Knox and Vatican II existed in the in-show 30 Rock universe. One major flaw: to work, the theory we finally hashed out requires taking Tracy Jordan's outburst "I'll tell you why, because the Pope owns Long John Silver's" at face value.]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?