Sunday, March 21

 

Holy Roman Macaroni


Assorted Facebook Status Updates from Yours Truly:

February 7 at 9:21 PM Tony Stark meets Sister Bertrille: "I AAAAAMMMM FLYIIINGGGG NUUUUNNNN!!!"

February 14 at 12:42 PM The one downside with having effectively switched over to the 1962 calendar is that I can no longer ask everyone why they're celebrating St. Cyril's day with red hearts and candy...

February 21 at 10:24 PM I was very good last night and resisted the urge to sing "God Save Emperor Franz," when that Austrian chick got the gold medal for skiing. AEIOU.

March 3 at 9:25 PM The Pope in the movie Becket sounds like he runs a pizza place in Queens. [NB: This joke blatantly stolen from Dan of the Holy Whapping.]

March 8 at 6:34 PM: Something just occurred to me. Has anyone ever seen Pius IX and William Shatner in the same place at the same time?*

*(A priest-friend of mine trained in Rome tells me he sees them at the Caffe Greco having coffee all the time. So there goes my whole idea for a blockbuster conspiracy novel. On the other hand, I'd pay good money if Shatner did an audiobook version of the Syllabus Errorum.)

March 20 at 11:01 PM "Why does everything come in Giant Size, King Size, and Holy Roman Empire size boxes? A package of macaroni as big as a Japanese car is not what I need." --P.J. O'Rourke

Further comment by yours truly: This got me thinking. Does a Holy Roman Empire-sized box mean it's one giant box filled with 300 tiny fun-sized boxes of macaroni? Or, given the religious situation in the HRE, 200 tiny boxes of macaroni and 100 tiny tins of lutefisk?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?