Thursday, October 16

 

Works by Matthew Alderman at St. Vincent Gallery, Latrobe, Pennsylvania




I was overjoyed about a month back to find out that two of my works had been accepted as part of the Catholic Art Competition and Exhibition at the St. Vincent Gallery, at the college of the same name in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. While I do not know the identities of the other artists yet, I am sure it is going to be an interesting show. The competition's juror is none other than classical architect Duncan Stroik, and the criteria included a specification that the work be "iconographically recognizable and appropriate for liturgical use." I have submitted the original ink drawing of Cassian of Imola (above), and the prints of my series The Three Holy Maidens (which I hope eventually to publish in a forthcoming edition of Dappled Things if I can ever finish the article I started about them). It begins on October 28 and will close on December 7, 2008. Go, have a look!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?