Tuesday, December 18

 

Overheard on the Subway


Slightly Shopworn Youngish Female Person: (Out of the blue.) What's your job? I mean, what do you do?
Big Bald Well-Groomed Middle-Aged Man: Um, I'm a lawyer.
Slightly Shopworn Female Young Person: (Goes on, as if this is normal, despite the fact they're sitting about six feet apart with the subway doors between them.) I was thinking about how to get a talk show. Well, not a talk show, you know. You know anything about this?
Big Bald Well-Groomed Middle-Aged Man: (Hugs his valise a bit closer) No.
Slightly Shopworn Youngish Female Person: Maybe like public access. You know.
Big Bald Well-Groomed Middle-Aged Man: I guess that's the way to do it. (Train stops, doors open, gets off train.)

And then I pray that she doesn't notice me, either.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?