Tuesday, June 26

 

Oh, You Say That to All the Altar Boys


Last Sunday, en route from mass to the traditional Sunday brunch with a gaggle of altar servers my own age (not so much altar boys as altar men) and other fellow denizens of my parish, friend Dawn complimented me on how I'd handled the incense, as our usual guy was out of town. (I'm usually in charge of the bells.)

She said, "You really did a good job up there--you looked almost Anglican!" She really does know how to flatter me.

Update. Note to those who have trouble with humor as a concept. This was a joke by Dawn, who is scrupulously orthodox, playing to my love-hate relationship with Anglican liturgical style, not some sinister conspiracy involving albino monks and cups of Earl Grey tea. Seriously, people, chill!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?