Monday, April 2

 

World Day of JP2!




On the anniversary of John Paul's death, BBC reports on Pope John Paul's beatification here.

When His Holiness died two years ago, I wrote,

St. Bernard of Clairvaux, great if not "a Great," inspired an entire generation of Europe to dedicate itself to prayer and seeking holiness in Cistercian cloisters. By my own personal witness, and by so many which I have heard in past times and in these few days, one of John Paul II's greatest contributions to the life of the Church was to inspire a generation of committed Catholics. Because of Teresa of Calcutta and especially because of John Paul, I discovered what sanctity looks like, laughs like, talks and prays like. I discovered that sanctity is possible, and thought: "I want to be like him!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?