Saturday, June 24

 
When Catholics Brag

I have a knack for finding really P.O.D. vintage Catholic paraphanalia, as attested by the half dozen crucifixi, two lithographs of the Sacred Heart, one lithograph of the Holy family, Mary planter, and assorted statues currently housed in my closet for want of a more fitting place to live. All were obtained, I must add, at very attractive prices at second-hand stores throughout the Midwest.

Lucy, however, has me beat. She sends along this picture of her home altar:


Posted by Picasa

Crucifix, $3.00, Episcopalian rummage sale
Madonna, $2.50, St Vincent de Paul
St Joseph Vigil Candle, $1.00, ethnic grocery store
Pictures, 2 color photocopies @ .29, ND Copy Shop
Frames, 2 @ .25, St Vincent de Paul
Rosary dish, .10, St Vincent de Paul
assorted devotionals, .10 each, Loomes/St Vincent de Paul

The statue of Mary and the Crucifix are the most impressive, both vintage plaster. Here's a close-up of the Crucifix of Christ the King Sovereign Priest, a very unusual thing to buy for $3, much less from Episcopalians...


Posted by Picasa

I'm quite pleased with my own home altar, but it was much more expensive. Perhaps in the future, I'll be able to post a picture of it, as well.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?