Sunday, March 19

 

Triduum!


As the dispersed Shrine celebrated spring break, many of you may have missed out on Minor Triduum!

March 17: St. Patty's Day. "It's the least ecumenical day... of the year!" Some of our number attended their first party hosted by really, really enthusiastic Irish folk. Actual imported shaleighlies were present (I don't know how it's spelled... In Glarus, they used halberds). I still feel an Irish Car Bomb in the pit of my stomach.

March 18: Girlfriend's Birthday!

March 19: St. Joseph's Day. Actual zeppoli (not imported) were present. Much more agreeable to the head than the aforementioned shaleighly. We brought our St. Joe vigil candle to the airport. If you were caught stupidly unprepared, here is a prayer for you to say to him right now (Partial indulgence for venerating a saint on his feastday!):

O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires.
O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my Thanksgiving and Homage to the most Loving of Fathers.
O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen

(Reputedly, this prayer is 1,900 years old. You and your textual criticism can take a hike.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?