Saturday, January 7

 

Well, I got tagged all over the place for this one ...


I'd even made the list, I just forgot to post it until Matt reminded me of it!

So, here are the rules, as I received them:
Step 1: Get your playlist (or Itunes library) together, put it on random, and play.
Step 2: Write down the first line from the first 30 songs that play or close to it.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from. (Title and Composer/Artist) NO GOOGLING on pain of death! (Don't worry, my music tastes are a tad more mainstream than Matt's. ;-)
Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly.

My personal rules:
#1. My sisters should give everyone else a chance first; ditto the boyfriend.
#2. I skipped a piece if it was plainchant, so all the Latin titles are some sort of polyphony (broadly defined). This means you at least have a composer to guess. Also, the polyphony is pretty generally the most well known setting of the text. This is more due to the contents of my library than any editing of the list on my part.
#3. I also skipped instrumental pieces, since there's not much to guess there.
#4. I skipped past Mass ordinaries, since there's no earthly way to guess those, either.
#5. If the title was in the first line of a modern piece, I pulled a line out of the middle, to make things more interesting; so watch the elipses.


So, without further ado (I don't know how I could create much more):

1) There were bells on a hill...
2) Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum virgo serena. Ave cuius conceptio ...
3) Driving home to be with you, the highway's dividing, the city's in view ...
4) Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream ...
5) Yes, I am, I hope you think you've beaten me ...
6) Every time we lie awake, after every hit we take ...
7) Domine Jesu Christe, rex gloriae ...
8) She don't wan't nobody near ...
9) I'm standing outside your window, baby ...
10) It's our call. It sways, it stalls ...
11) This is what they tell me ...
12) I saw her today at the reception ...
13) Jojo was a man ...
14) Day after day, I'm more confused ...
15) I like the way your sparkling earrings lay ...
16) Just yesterday morning ...
17) 737 coming out of the sky ...
18) ... sont les mots qui vont très bien ensemble ...
19) Your passin' broke the silence on that dark October day ...
20) Now on the day I was born ...
21) Wanna tell you 'bout the girl I love, and why she looks so fine ...
22) Wie lieblich sind deine Wohnungen, Herr Sebaoth ...
23) On Christmas night all Christians sing ...
24) Let me bring you songs from the woods ...
25) You know Dasher ...
26) Loquebantur variis linguis apostoli, alleluia ...
27) Slow dancing on the boulevard ...
28) That's great, it starts with an earthquake ...
29) Out here in the fields, I fought for my meals ...
30) As I walk along, I wonder what went wrong ...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?