Thursday, January 5

 

CD Meme


Well, if the Sober Sophomore gets to do it, so can I. Plus, it means I get to play with my new iTunes software.

(Katie tagged me and the other Whapsters for this over a month ago--mea culpa for not responding sooner!)

Step 1: Get your playlist (or iTunes library) together, put it on random, and play.
Step 2: Write down the first line from the first 20 songs that play or close to it.
Step 3: Post and let your readers guess what song the lines come from. (Title or Composer).
Step 4: Mark the songs when someone guesses correctly. (I've italicized them).

As this game does not suit itself fully to Early Music (I know I have bizarre musical tastes), you can also guess the album or group these things came from. Also, in cases when the text won't help at all (ie., the Agnus Dei), I've provided the date as a clue. And Googling is allowed. In fact, it'll probably have to be compulsory.

Not all of this is Early Music, though. Bear this in mind. I sometimes even listen to stuff written after 1792 when nobody's watching--thanks to my kind and patient friends who have endeavored long and hard to teach me about such things.

1. Oremus. Deus qui beatum Marcum Evangelistam tuum
2. Warum toben die Heiden, und die Leute reden so vergeblich? (1612-18)
3. If you had seen my Charlie at the head of an army
4. Sonoro clarín del viento
5. Green Sleeves (instrumental)
6. All around my hat, I will wear the green willow
7. What If a Day (instrumental)
8. The fifteenth day of July, with glistening spear and shield
9. Stingo (instrumental)
10. Plaudite tympana, clangite classica, fides accinite, voces applaudite
11. Para quien crie cabellos (folia) (instrumental)
12. Sac ha choune vema
13. Oremus. Da nobis quaesimus Domine Deus noster
14. Grimstock (instrumental)
15. Gloria in excelsis Deo, et in terra pax hominibus (1682)
16. Dominus dixit ad me: Filius meus et tu, ego hodie genuit te.
17. Natum tanel hancahatisi, Don Lázaro
18. Fanfare Sarasinetta (instrumental)
19. Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi (1682)
20. Kingdom Coming (instrumental)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?