Wednesday, September 21

 

Daily Thought

Even if Tolkien had never written Lord of the Rings, I would love him forever because he wrote this:

“Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament. There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth.”

One of the biggest lessons I've learned is the importance of the constancy of Jesus Christ, yesterday, today, and forever. So, I wanted to share.

Christ alone will always be with you; He is there in the Eucharist. Once you can spend a quarter hour alone with Him, you will always have a friend, a constant friend, no matter where you travel or who else passes out of your life. There is always Christ, and so for my part I encourage you all to dedicate time to silence before Him in the Tabernacle each day.

The reality of having that one single constant Person throughout all one's life should be enough, in and of itself, to drive us all towards a passionate practice of the Catholic faith, and a love of the Eucharistic Lord.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?