Wednesday, August 24

 

Caîma, Iyaî Jesus


A baroque tune from the Chiquitos Mission Indians of the Jesuit Reductions of Bolivia, with a slightly free translation, from Florilegium's new album Bolivian Baroque: Baroque Music from the Missiona of the Chiquitos and Moxos Indians.

Caîma, iyaî Jesus
izet’ aemo, au niñooutimo,
na apoquenu nauxiîca,
mta auna cubare iñemo.
Acuacîrîca iñemo,
Iyaî, ichupa,
ñomînana nanaiña numuquîñaca,
na abe aquî apeito.
Acuacîrîca iñemo, acuatoñe.
Ache iñemo na gracia,
mo nacuba iñemo,
quîñataiai,
au siboriquîs,
quîñataiai.
Tarî izoma aubo mîrîyot’ ape,
yazaraîcarî au napooatoñe,
mo nacuatoche caî iñemo nana,
mon taquînunaui,
mon taquînunaui ñaana.

Today, Lord Jesus,
I come to Thee for Thou art my hope,
In Thee I find my happiness
Because I love Thee, too.
I love Thee,
My Lord, my Father,
Because of my fear of the evil
On earth and in heaven,
I love Thee
With all that I am,
So that I might love Thee for ever,
I need not anything else
For the whole of my life,
I need nothing more than Thy love
That I might die with Thy grace and enter heaven,
To contemplate Thee in Thy own House
To contemplate Thee in Thy own House,
To love Thee now and for all ages,
For all the ages of ages, for ever more.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?