Friday, April 29

 
Euro-Skepticism Vindicated?
I admit, I am not a fan of the EU. I'm not a European citizen, so my opinion doesn't really matter.

Then again, if I were a European citizen, my opinion still wouldn't matter.

I remember reading, as the current European constitution debate began, in each article, that "every nation would have to ratify this constitution." Every nation, every nation, each nation.

I became suspicious when the primary concern over a French no vote was "the effect it would have on subsequent referendums." Huh? Subsequent? As in, more votes after a "no" vote?

The EU has now announced that the French vote Does Not Matter.
"'If France is the only exception the other countries will go on' with referendums, he said."

"The more laws, the less justice." I hope the Germans do remember their own proverb when it comes time to vote on a 300 page constitution -- not that it will matter. Most of the Germans I've spoken with hate the EU, but their country's elites will keep pushing it anyway.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?