Thursday, March 31

 


God forgives us when we ask Him; forgiveness is not automatic.

I cannot forgive the people who have killed this woman in the name of my country. I cannot, and until the day they request me to do so, I will not. This does not mean bitterness: but it doesn't mean "everything's ok," either. I pray to God that the day will come, very, very soon, that they do ask for the forgiveness of God and of the country their actions have utterly profaned for the death of Terri. I do pray that day comes soon.

And I think we should all pray for her family, so wounded by the hatred of Mr. Schiavo. Let us pray that they do not fall into hatred as well. Let us pray for Mr. Schiavo's current mistress, that his disdain for life does not destroy her life as well. And let us pray for the poor man himself.

"Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him." Luke xvii.3

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?