Sunday, February 13

 
By the way, tomorrow is St. Cyril and St. Methodius's Day, a celebration of great importance to those of Eastern European heritage. Though nobody seems to remember that here in the U.S. The fact that it (used) to be St. Valentine's is largely a coincidence, though I have a pet idea about combining the two events. You could buy a dozen red roses for your favorite Bulgarian girl. I don't know any, don't look at me. Or, if you know any women from Kiev (once again, I do not), you could also try singing them the only Soviet-themed surfer-rock song known to modern man, "Back in the U.S.S.R." Ahem:
Well, those Ukraine girls really knock me out.
They leave the West behind.
And Moscow girls make me sing and shout
That Georgia’s always on my mind, mind, mind
.
Yes, that was in very bad taste. So is everything else around here.

Incidentally, my idea to attempt to cash in on the Apostles to the Slavs by selling tee-shirts saying "Kiss Me, I'm Croatian," died an unfortunate death somewhere along the line. Why should the Irish have all the fun? Everyone is Slavonic on St. Cyril's day!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?