Wednesday, December 1

 

Brompton Oratory, London

I received an email from Michael Rose today alerting me to his new webzine dedicated to Church architecture. Dellachiesa.com looks excellent and includes such useful features as a link to the new Fatima basilica project entitled "Eyesore Alert," portfolios of the best traditional-minded church architects around, essays on history and tradition, and, of course, lots and lots of fellow Domer Matt Enquist's supremely spiffy watercolors. Definitely droolworthy for any and all in the Catholic blogosphere. The only problem is, you have to pay to get the best of the internet goodies...perhaps he might consider a reduced rate for us starving artistic nerdlings?

Incidentally, while on the subject of Michael Rose, he has a new book out entitled In Tiers of Glory, which includes two watercolors by yours truly. At his request I contributed a review to Amazon.com recently which I think gives a neat precis of the book's thesis. (I see, much to my amusement the other customer review is by Demetri Porphyrios, who's a visiting professor at ND). If you look carefully on p. 37, you'll see the whole Holy Whapping gang painted in the crowd scene in front of San Marco Cathedral. I'm the one in the Venetian general's uniform.

(Blogger accidentally ate the first version of this post, deleting the comments: my apologies for those who posted in reply.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?