Thursday, November 11

 
Help Wanted

If anyone knows how to make a clear distinction between sacraments (esp. such as Anointing of the Sick) and liturgical sacramentals (such as the Imposition of Ashes) IN THE THOUGHT OF VORGRIMLER, please share your thoughts. I'm at an impasse.

I really do mean in the thought of Vorgrimler, because of course I know the easy answer is that (1) Christ didn't institute liturgical sacramentals and (2) liturgical sacramentals don't effect what they symbolize. But these distinctions are inherent to Vorgrimler's sacramentology, and I want to see if I can make the distinction on his grounds (that a sacrament, as liturgy, is the actualization of the Church-Sacrament; the problem here is explaining how non-sacramental liturgy is essentially different).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?