Thursday, November 18

 


Architectural awesomeoness from Andrew Cusack: everyone's favorite Gothamist blogs on an all-star theoretical project for the newly-renovated Hell's Kitchen in New York, done by a veritable Justice League of America of classicists and New Urbanists, from ND's Very Own Thomas Gordon Smith (who showed me the fine article on the project in City Journal) to Peter Pennoyer (who I met last week), Richard Sammons (who I once met at a reception), and the firm of Franck, Lohsen and McCrery (who I have never met, but give me time). The whole enchilada brings to mind the glory days of the New York skyscraper under McKim, Mead and White and their followers. Also, we discover that the Legion of Christ has not quite abandoned the California mission style.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?