Tuesday, September 14

 


Here's a pic of my beloved San Gregorio ai Muratori (FSSP), my adopted parish while studying in Rome last year where I learned how the Tridentine Mass really works in a pastoral setting. It also awakened in me a hearty respect for very small churches. The photo, the first I've seen of the chapel online, was unearthed by Christine, "Wife and law clerk, not to mention former hyper-Calvinist, Kierkegaardian, and overall ne'er-do-well," at her blog Laudem Gloriae, which bears reading in and of itself.

FYI, that particular flowered chausible, while nice at a distance, is quite hideous up close; on the whole, though, their sacristy is a surprisingly well-stocked one. Where else but Rome would a church the size of a broom cupboard (seriously) have a relic of the True Cross?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?