Tuesday, July 20

 

The Mass of St. Gregory, Marienkirche, Lübeck

A Postcommunion Prayer for Personal Use

I wrote this last year after reading about the Theology of the Body and promptly forgot about it; I never really used it, so I can't say it's been properly broken in, but it might be of interest to some of my readers. The responsorium at the beginning is taken from the Divine Mercy chaplet.

V. Eternal God, I offer unto Thee the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Thy Most Beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ:
R. In atonement for my sins and those of the whole world.

O CHRIST, MY FAITHFUL BRIDEGROOM, as I issue forth into the world from the doors of this church, Thy temple, may I henceforth and forever be without spot or impurity, transformed by Thy nourishing Body, that was given up for the many, conceived within the womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary: daughter of the Father, Mother of the Son, Spouse and created image of the uncreated Paraclete. May Thy blood, the nourishment and drink of the saved, flow into the innermost and secret place of my soul and body, Thy Image: that thus strengthened, I might conceive myself anew within in Thy most blessed form. May the water from Thy side perpetually cleanse me in the nuptial bath: as like unto the Spirit Who appeared over the Jordan, sent by Thy Father, and Who is the soul of Thy spouse our most blessed Mother the Church who lept from Thy side, as Eve from Adam, on the Mount of Calvary. May my soul become conformed to the image of Thy human Soul, so that I might be perfected by Thy healing Grace in death, to dwell with Thee in Body and Soul with all the saints with Thy Divinity in the mystery of the Eternal Procession of the Most Blessed Trinity. Who Livest and Reignest with the same Father and the Holy Ghost, ever one God united in Eternal Love forever and ever. Amen.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?