Monday, July 5

 
KERRY: LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION
From the "Blink blink blink blink" department

Presidential hopeful Kerry announced today that --when push comes to shove-- he has absolutely no interest in standing by his convictions, save the separation of Church and morality...

"A Catholic who supports abortion rights and has taken heat recently from some in the church hierarchy for his stance, Kerry told the paper, 'I oppose abortion, personally. I don't like abortion. I believe life does begin at conception.' "

Or, in otherwords.... You know, I don't like (hunger, poverty, nukes, terrorism, mass death, pollution, combovers, Nazism, when the neighbors offer satanic sacrifice of my cat), PERSONALLY. But, hey, you know, it's a free country and people are free to vote for me if they want to be assured of all the moral backbone of a paraplegic jellyfish. I WILL stand by my convictions until someone tells me not to! Sure, I believe it's a human being, but, well, sometimes they're just not convenient or economical, and we just have to understand that, don't we?

Read more....

Kerry went on to offer a stunning interpretation of Thomism:

"I can't take my Catholic belief, my article of faith, and legislate it on a Protestant or a Jew or an atheist."

Yes, indeed. That the exchange of biological function in a genetically unique body that walks around the womb at --how many weeks young was it?-- is a human being is, appearently, an article of FAITH. It's something that NO ONE could POSSIBLY come up with WITHOUT EXTRAODINARY DIVINE REVELATION. No way one could possibly have thought of it elsewise. It's a defined article of faith, not common sense or science. Good thing God let us in on that secret, or we could have ended up killing some of th--

Wait, no. Sorry. Actually it doesn't matter that God let us in on it. Once, by the sovreign action of God's grace we suddenly come to believe that the embryo is human with no scientific proof, it really doesn't matter, because God forbid we act on what is (appearently) God's revelation as if we regarded as Truth.

Veritas? Quid est veritas? Aack, let's just wash our hands of the whole matter.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?