Tuesday, April 27

 
Visualize Whirled Pax

Well, the inimitable Onion Dome has proclaimed a new contest for an Eastern Orthodox bumper sticker--apparently, Honk 40 Times If You're Orthodox wasn't cutting it anymore. So, we wild and crazy Latins, of course, ought to reciprocate. There's plenty of Catholic bumper-stickers out there, every church parking-lot is festooned with anything from Pray the Rosary to the more fire-and-brimstone-y If you live like there's no Hell, you better be right. Both suitable and salutary messages, but the Church is full of different charisms, each with their own peculiar quirks, and I daresay, their own set of inside jokes. Are there bumper-stickers for Catholic nerds? For traditionalists? Conservatives? Opus Dei? Anglican Use fans? Dominicans? In this spirit, the Shrine offers this selection of possible new options.

I brake for processions.

Honk in
Tonus Monasticus if you're a Dominican.

Biretta on board.

Support your local Subdeacon.

Happiness is a warm thurible.

My altar boy excommunicated your honor student.

William Donohue is
my president.

Anathema sit!

Summa Theologica, II-II, clxviii, 4.

My other car is a
sedia gestatoria.

Horn broken. Watch for
crotalum.

Horn broken. (Cf.
Tra le sollicitudini, St. Pius X, 1903).

I don't brake for Marty Haugen.

I'd rather be chanting.

My other car is a confessional.

To err is human. To really screw up, you need a liturgist.

We have a penance for that.

Real men wear cassocks.

Warning: Driver is in the Fifth Mansion.

Warning: Occasions of sin are more proximate than they appear.

Concuspicence happens!

I'm a Dominican. My other car is an
auto-da-fe.

Jesuits: Freaking Out Conspiracy Theorists since 1540.

Honkest thou verily for ye Pastoral Provision!

And lastly:

My other chausible is a fiddleback.

Now, can our readers top these? I hope so, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?