Wednesday, April 14

 
Latka Gravas, Eat Yer Heart Out

I suppose if I had planned my Easter Break more carefully, I could have splurged and bought a cheap plane ticket to Lutenblag, capital of the exotic Eastern European state of Molvanîa. Oh, what rhapsody! What Slavic beauty! What...um...monotonous plains... and...um...lopsided saints...um...what bearded men...I cannot help feeling swayed by the urge to see such...um...beauty firsthand. So, for those travellers more lucky than I am, I recommend Jetlag's wonderful travel guide, Molvanîa: A Land Untouched by Modern Dentistry. Happy traveling and good luck, or as they say in Svetranj, Wakuz Dro Brugka Spazibo!

Jetlag also plans a number of fascinating future titles in their series, covering such wondrous and forgotten nations as San Sombrero, Bongoswana, Moustachistan and the Tofu Islands. I do hope in their haste they don't forget to cover post-Communist Ruritania, Azania with its quaint Monophysite mud churches and sterility pagents, Grand Fenwick's exquisite wine and nuclear bombs, the sheep of Mipos, or the colorful politics of Ishmaelia!

(Courtesy of fellow Hapsburgophile Otto Hiss, who also likes the zany pre-conciliar comic-book unearthed by the Shrine's very own Emily)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?