Sunday, April 18

 

"Exquisite, Sublime, Downright Good!!!


What did fellow Notre Damer Mike Roesch think of the solemnest Saturday Mass around?


I braved the pain of waking up far too early for a Saturday morning without football to attend the first Missa Solemnis Beatae Virginis Mariae. The atmosphere and music were the most liturgical I've seen in my life, right on par with the Mass at University of Chicago with Fr. Keyes' choir. Many thanks to the Whapsters and others for a splendid Mass, and especially for the exquisite chant. I get the feeling that I'll be there on Saturdays when I'm not marching around Loftus at 9 am."


We've still got some work to do, but also really appreciate everyone who joined us in making this celebration of the Holy Sacrifice a truly solemn offering of worship to Our Lord. We owe a special debt to the experienced chanting of George Weigel, who carried the tune once or twice for me at least, when I got lost. Please pray that it continues to be so!

Now all we need are the sanctus bells... the bells... the bells...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?