Monday, September 29

 
Oh, wow.

I've been waiting for this for a long time. The Return of the King trailer is online. You know a movie is going to be good when the even the trailer gives you goosebumps.

The Winged Beasts of the Nazgul look to be much scarier in this movie, I'm happy to say. I'll never forget the first time I read about the Black Riders as a child:

"A sudden dread fell on the Company. 'Elbereth Gilthoniel!' sighed Legolas as he looked up. Even as he did so, a dark shape, like a cloud and yet not a cloud, for it moved far more swiftly, came out of the blackness in the South, and sped towards the Company, blotting out all light as it approached. Soon it appeared as a great winged creature, blacker than the pits in the night. Fierce voices rose up to greet it from across the water. Frodo felt a sudden chill running through him and clutching at his heart; there was a deadly cold ..."

I hardly slept at all that night, as I recall. If the moviemakers manage to capture even one-tenth of what Tolkien had in mind on this last movie, it will be well worth seeing, to say the very least.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?