Monday, September 22

 
Acro-what-icon?

One of my favorite professors at the School of Architecture, David Thomas Mayernik, is publishing a new book on the civic legends of Renaissance Italy. Mr. Mayernik, who recently returned to full-time practice, is also an accomplished fresco artist, watercolorist, and expert on the Baroque. And he paints beautiful things for real chapels, for goodness' sake! I ask you now, what's not to like? I have not yet been able to get my hands on his new work myself, but he is an insightful theorist, an excellent architect and a good Catholic gentleman, so it's gotta be good. Read a sample from the first chapter here. And then go buy it, thankyousoverymuch.

Also, watch this space in particular as the School of Architecture will be publishing a retrospective of student work (tenatively) titled Acroterion (it's a term for a Greek temple doodad), including several projects by yours truly.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?