Friday, August 29

 
Vegetarianism, German Baroque and Three-Headed Saints

Fr. Rutler lets fly on Manichaean Vegetarians at Gerard Serafin's blog. Don't skip over the final sentence--but don't read it if you're eating blueberry yogurt because it stains when you spray it. Don Jim gives a hilarious commentary on my favorite Baroque church (likely to induce a coronary in Le Corbusier). He is right, you know: it is pretty little: which probably makes the claustrophobia even worse. Also, check out another post on Dappled Things concerning the wanderings of St. John's skull(s). Christopher may have had the face of a dog, but from the number of places that claim the Baptist's skull, well, he has had to have had at least three heads (which reminds me of a trippy-but-kinda-cool antique painting I once saw representing the Trinity). No, I don't think I'm going to take that ball and run with it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?