Wednesday, August 20

 
A Cathartic Trip Through the Blogosphere

Curt Jester has an idea for getting your average Catholic in top condition: Liturgical Boot Camp.
If I may suggest an addition to Basic Training: "You call that a profound bow soldier? I can't see the back of your head! This is the Incarnation we're talking about here! Give me 100 genuflections now! I want to see that knee hit the ground!"

While I'm on the subject of great rants on the blogosphere, take a look at Victor Lams' thoughts on Marty Haugen. Since Marty is from my area, he's a bit of a local celebrity here in the Twin Cities. Thankfully, my home parish doesn't use much of The Great Liturgical Composer's pieces of work, but I can get my fill of his systematic attempt to rob the liturgy of its meaning at almost any other church in the diocese. Personally, I'd love to see this New Age-y hack's music banned from our churches. Of course, if the Mass of Creation were suddenly to be put on the index, half of our music ministries would probably be rendered unable to sing the ordinary, anything else having too much actual musical value for them to handle. Maybe we should also have a Music Ministry Boot Camp. ("You call that polyphony?")

OK, I feel better now. And now, back to your regularly scheduled blogging, already in progress.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?