Wednesday, February 1

 


Shown above is a photo of the new chapel of the Nashville Dominicans recently completed by architects Franck Lohsen McCrery of Washington, D.C., a truly magnificent new interior. I found this image through the new Society of St. Barbara, a blog started up by John Powers of the Bricks and Mortar Foundation, and dedicated to church architecture and church tourism with a particular Chicago beat. I've been invited to join as a contributor to the site, and while I can't match Mr. Powers's zeal--and talent for finding spiffy photographs--I'll definitely add what I can to the mix. No fear, though--you'll still see just as much of me here at The Shrine as always!

More info on the St. Cecilia Congregation's chapel--computer animations and preliminary sketches--and other intriguing projects from FLM can be found here, including studies for new mosaics at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?