Saturday, October 1

 


Theresian Fun, Birthdays, Name Days and Complaints

Without love, deeds, even the most brilliant, count as nothing. -- Be not afraid to tell Jesus that you love Him; even though it be without feeling, this is the way to oblige Him to help you, and carry you like a little child too feeble to walk. --St. Thérèse of Lisieux


Many happy returns to The Shrine's Emily on her birthday and confirmation name-day! (Sto lat, niech zyje, zyje nam, and so on.) Happy birthday also to Lauren of Cnytr's hard-working mom, and buon onomastico to all Terrys, Teresas, Theresas and Thérèses (love those symmetrical accents), including Lizzy's opera-singing little sister!

Buon onomastico, incidentally, means happy patron saint's day, in Italian. It has nothing to do with dental procedures.

Incidentally, for those of you kicking yourself for not being able to make it to the conference Em posted on below, I feel your pain as I am currently indisposed myself due to complications resulting from my traditional early autumn cold. I'm not only missing it but another campus conference, on classical architecture, as well. I hope my friends are asking on my behalf all the pointless, random and obscure questions I would have asked if I were there.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?